The Body Of Ghanaian And Ex-Newcastle Player Christian Atsu Found Following Turkey Earthquake
Ghanaian professional footballer and ex-Newcastle player Christian Atsu had been missing since earthquake hit Turkey and Syria on Feb. 6; Atsu was part of the Newcastle team which won promotion back to the Premier League in 2017 after joining on loan for the season from Chelsea.
The body of Christian Atsu has been found under the rubble of the building where he lived in Turkey, his agent has said.
The 31-year-old has been misidentified and falsely reported as hospitalized last week.
A statement from the representative of Atsu, Nana Sechere, said: “It is with the heaviest of hearts that I have to announce to all well-wishers that sadly Christian Atsu’s body was recovered this morning.
“My deepest condolences go to his family and loved ones.” “I could like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their players and support.
“I ask that whilst we make the necessary arrangements, that everyone would please respect the privacy of the family during this very difficult time.”
Finally they have been able to come out with the truth.